Here I will write, what I need to be sure that I can find again, and far more which I probarbly don't need to find again :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Solved ATI problems AX800pro ubuntu

Finally I got the graphics card working, I had it working with gentoo for a long time, and now also with ubuntu.

the final error message I zoomed in on after long time was.

From /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(EE) fglrx(0): [agp] unable to acquire AGP, error ""xf86_ENODEV""xf86_ENODEV""

from the kernel (dmesg):
[fglrx] Internal AGP is not supported in 2.6 kernel.

The sollution was found from here:
http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/86634/30/

(even though I don't understand german :) )

This did the trick !
rm -fr /lib/modules/2.6.20-*-generic/kernel/drivers/edac

Ahh on to opengl programming.
Drawing a triangle...

No comments: